Causes of drowsy driving can be attributed to some certain things. Sleepy driving is against the traffic rules and regulations. Drivers who drive while exhibiting drowsiness shows the following
- Slower reaction time
- Reduced awareness
- Blurred vision and judgment
- Yawning consistently while driving
The major causes of drowsy driving
- Long distance driving without rest.
- Drives when others are at sleep and through out the night
- When a driver takes medication that includes drowsiness
- When a driver drives a long distance alone
- Engaging in excess work in the workplace. This has a greater risk of being involved in drowsy-related traffic crash
- If the driver has an undiagnosed sleep disorder
- Consumes alcohol
These are the major causes. But i bet that road traffic crashes will be reduced by 50%. Only If just half of these major causes can be corrected.
For more information, read signs and prevention of drowsy driving Or visit https://www.theroadsafety.com